With spring in full bloom and summer right around the corner, there is no better time of the year to consider making a change to your home by pursuing a home remodeling project. One of the most common types of home remodeling projects homeowners choose to take on is an addition—for example, an extra bedroom, an extension to a living room, or a den. But perhaps the most popular addition this time of year is an added sunroom installation, which is perfect for experiencing the beauty of the outdoors while still being comfortable inside.
However, before committing to new construction to expand your own home, it’s important to understand what goes into a home renovation to build a sunroom. At Juranek Home Improvement, we always start renovation projects by providing a thorough consultation with our customers to explain the details about a possible project—including how long it might take to complete.
It’s impossible to determine how long your sunroom addition might take without a proper evaluation of your property and many other factors unique to your situation. In any case, our expert team at Juranek Home Improvement will share some of the factors to consider when calculating how long it will take for your sunroom construction to reach completion.
Estimating the Timeline for Sunroom Addition
There are many factors that affect how quickly your sunroom addition can be built. The most obvious and the one completely out of your control is the weather. Construction requires good weather, so it’s best to become familiar with the local forecast and prepare for quick weather changes to minimize your time spent on the project.
Now that weather has been addressed, let’s look at the other factors that will play a role in how quickly your sunroom addition is completed.
- Contractor Schedule: With the increasing popularity of sunrooms, especially an all seasons room, it can be tough to get your contractor scheduled since they may be booked for weeks in advance. As soon as you have decided to add a sunroom, get scheduled as quickly as possible to avoid a long wait time with your chosen contractor.
- Codes, Permits, and Home Owner Associations: While it’s true that you own your home and therefore you can make any decision you want, there are some caveats to be aware of before a project can officially begin. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to ensure that all necessary inspections and paperwork is completed before construction can begin, although a professional construction company like Juranek Home Improvement can help with the process. The last thing you want is to have your home condemned because it’s not up to code, so make sure to make these arrangements a priority.
Also, if you are in a neighborhood that has a homeowner’s association, you may be subject to the approval of the administration’s board as well before you get started. The faster this step is completed, the faster construction can begin.
- Site Preparation: This process can take an average of 1-3 days to complete. If you have an existing foundation/structure in sound condition, you can expect a shorter timeframe. However, if it’s a brand-new undertaking or you have to start over from a blank slate, time will be added to this step of the process.
Keep in mind that landscaping and utilities may add complications to this step. Some owners end up needing to move their utilities to other locations to accommodate the new project.
- Building Time: At this point, the foundation is in place, and it’s time for installation. The largest time factor is based on the size and complexity of your installation. In addition, your chosen sunroom style plays a role in how long it takes to build the sunroom. The great thing is that sunroom additions can be custom designed to fit your exact needs and style. However, the more custom your design, the longer it will take to install. Keep in mind that patience is a virtue when you’re ultimately getting what you want.
- The Finisher: This is the bells and whistles part of the project. Whether you wanted ceiling fans, heating, and cooling system installation for an all seasons room, carpets, blinds, or other items—these additions will all play a role in how long it takes before your new sunroom is completed. As long as you plan ahead on these design add-ons and schedule accordingly, you shouldn’t be subject to spending an excessive amount of time for this step.
Build a Sunroom with Juranek Home Improvement
An all-season room is the perfect addition for residents in South Dakota. With this addition to your home, you can experience how beautiful each season truly is all from the comfort of climate-controlled space. At Juranek Home Improvement, we’ve made it our mission to enhance the beauty and value of our customer’s properties with beautiful sunroom constructions since 1976.
If you’re ready to explore the options for your sunroom installation this season, we’d love to hear from you. Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our sunrooms or fill out our online form to schedule your free, in-home visit and price quote.
Subscribe to Juranek Home Improvements's Blog