The original construction of your screen porch will determine the amount of upkeep necessary to keep your space fresh, clean, and functional. With a few regularly scheduled cleaning tasks, you will be able to enjoy your outdoor living space for years to come.
Weekly Cleaning Tips
Weekly chores are a reality of life, and with a bit of extra effort on a regular basis, you can keep your screened-in porch looking like new. To get the most out of your indoor-outdoor living area, add the following tasks onto your weekly chore rotation:
- Sweep the room every few days with a push broom, and dust all surfaces, including windowsills and ceiling fans blades.
- Mop floors every few weeks with the cleaning solution recommended for the surface type.
- Clean lighting fixtures and remove covers and wash them. Make sure to remove any insects!
Spring Cleaning and Maintenance
There’s nothing like that first warm spring day when you can get out into your screened porch and start prepping it for the summer season. While it’s true that spring cleaning can be overwhelming, it doesn’t take much to get a screened-in room looking its best:
- Check all screens and replace them if needed.
- Rinse screens with a garden hose and allow them to air dry.
- Wash and wipe down all walls with water and a mild cleaner.
- Touch up caulking to keep insects and moisture out.
- Clean all exposed surfaces to remove pollen and dirt.
- Check screen door for dragging and make any needed repairs.
- Deep-clean floors to remove any built-up grime, dust, and mildew.
Cleaning and Sealing of Wood
Every screened-in room is unique, and if yours is made with wood flooring, you need to take extra care to keep it functional, safe, and beautiful.
To get the most life out of your wood floors, reseal the wood with high-quality sealant every few years. You’ll also want to check the deck boards for any signs of wear or damage—replacing broken, warped pieces as necessary.
See How Easy It Can be to Get Your Low-Maintenance Sunroom Addition!
If you are exploring the possibility of a sunroom addition or screened-in porch for your home, the professionals at Juranek Home Improvements will help you with your specific design needs.
We stand out above the rest as a family owned and operated business that offers:
- 40 Years of Superior Workmanship and Expertise
- A Worry-Free Guarantee
- Professional Full-Service Home Remodeling
- Highly Competitive Pricing and Financing
Check out all the possibilities that we offer today, including sunrooms, screen rooms and enclosures! Just give us a call or fill out our quick online form to schedule your free quote.